The Director, Nursing Education and Research, Magnet Program Director is the nursing leader with 24 hour accountability and is responsible for the planning, coordination, direction, and evaluation of nursing staff development, continuing education, nursing orientation, and nursing research. Essential Duties
- Oversees and manages the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialists, Education Specialists and Department Secretary.
- Oversee the assessment of learning needs for all levels of nursing and provides educational opportunities to address the needs.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and overseeing the overall Magnet Recognition Program®.
- Responsible for submitting applications, interim monitoring reports, and Magnet documents based on the Magnet Program Office criteria.
- Develops and implements organizational strategies and infrastructure to support clinical quality, operational effectiveness, and shared leadership.
- Acts as a liaison with all departments within the organization to promote nursing excellence and to support Magnet philosophy.
- Active, valid Michigan Registered Nurse license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Basic Life Support Instructor.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing required
- Certification in specialty practice required within 2 years of hire/transfer.
- Minimum of five years experience in education or clinical setting with advancing responsibilities
Location/Region: Wayne, MI