Market Sales Manager – Value Added Services The position can be located in either Detroit or Minneapolis
Position Overview Oversees and drives the Value-Added Services (VAS) account acquisition, activation, sales, customer experience, expense management, Associate development and regulatory compliance as a member of the management team. Lead design and execution of strategies to enhance key performance indicators that drive revenue. Serve as primary liaison in the location with management. Ability to consistently exceed customer expectations and show commitment to Hertz Core Values. Essential Job Functions:
- Lead design and execution of account acquisition for location. Drive strategies around referral programs, staff training, performance management, incentives and recognition and other approaches. Lead design and execution of VAS activation and sales generation through influence of Associate and Managers to gain buy-in within other areas of the business. Coach, lead and model customer service strategies and VAS integration into service standards and expectations. Review and analyze reports on dashboards for relevant performance metrics. Lead development and execution of corrective action planning for location for targets being missed.
- Lead execution of all VAS operational and compliance programs and coordinate and improve execution of all VAS operations to further drive performance and compliance. Execute all training, communication, account management, adding points, payments at location and use of promotional materials. Ensure compliance with all regulations and successful completion of audits and review. Supervise staff on execution of all related responsibilities within the location and throughout all relevant areas within the location.
- Lead execution of all VAS promotional offers, program pitch delivery, program services, marketing materials and Associate interaction for all Associates in the location. Ensure all VAS promotion offers marketing materials are placed to expectations and Associates are properly trained on the promotion.
- Serve as the lead of the VAS instant issuance process, including all inventory, dual control, proper documentation, training and user management.
- Lead VAS labor and talent acquisition and development of VAS associates including scheduling, recruitment, hiring, and performance appraisals and issuing appropriate disciplinary steps as needed.
- Serve as the primary VAS liaison for the management team, updating and communicating on all performance, actions and decisions related to VAS. Primary VAS contact for Asset Protection, Human Resources, and Regional/Divisional/Area Leadership regarding issue resolution and investigations. Partnership with internal and external partners for onsite and offsite events.
Mandatory Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Marketing, Communications or Business Administration required (MBA preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding Sales and EBIT Targets for assigned areas
- 5+ Years in Sales Management or Mid-Level Management position in leading sales teams within multi-unit retail locations
- 3+ years in developing B2B or C2B sales relationships preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in direct sales or in a customer facing sales role within a retail environment.
- 5+ years coaching and development skills of sales teams and / or customer facing teams within a multi-unit retail environment
- Proficiency with analytical tools such as Excel, Tableau and Sales Force
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel at least 50% to various sites
EEO Statement Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Location/Region: Detroit, MI (US)