Growing Energy Efficiency implementation service company seeking an experienced outreach and installation technicians for a new Home and small business Energy Efficiency Program. The Energy Auditor will conduct building envelope assessments of small commercial and/or residential properties in line with all program requirements of the local public and municipal utility companies, as well as industry standards. With the goal of ensuring the highest quality customer service delivery, these audits may employ a variety of measurements tools, including but not limited to BPI, ASHRAE Level II Audit tools like Blower door testing, Combustion Appliance Zone testing, and thermal imaging. The ideal candidate has experience with in-depth data collection, interface with multiple databases, working knowledge of energy modeling software, field installation of energy saving devices (measures), in addition to presentation and communication skills necessary to deliver energy savings education and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work independently to conduct commercial energy audits utilizing the US Department of Energy’s NEAT Weatherization software among other related energy usage analysis and auditing software.
• This includes travel to the customer site location, interacting with the customer, performing a comprehensive assessment / audit of the facility, recommendations conducting energy usage data calculations, corresponding documentation, and using a handheld tablet to input energy saving measures, and interface with multiple databases.
• The individual will also maintain accurate supply inventory on a daily basis.
• Communicate project goals and convey positive image of project partners.
• Perform energy audits and record findings (e.g. blower door, insulation level, thermostat type, furnace efficiency and condition) and download/upload the required forms and worksheets.
• Where appropriate, advise customers simple low- and no-cost energy conservation measures, such as sealing air leaks and changing furnace filters.
• Provide and influence the customer toward additional energy training and savings; such as referral to other related service programs, and engaging customers in the creation of action plans, which detail the steps they must take to save energy and reduce costs.
• BPI analyst certifications Preferred
• Training in weatherization and energy efficiency principals and techniques
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working in urban and rural setting with people of diverse background
• Exercises good judgment and maintains safety at all times
• Able to lead, motivate, be diplomatic, and build positive rapport with customers
• Communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
• Work independently and/or as a team member
• Able to work flexible schedule, including some later evenings and weekends
• Ability to bend, stoop and reach
• Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
• Current Kentucky driver’s license and good driving record a must
• Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screening
• Able to work in very fast-paced environment and hold to deadlines.
• Problem-solver. Able to respond to diverse set of challenges in the field and meet project deliverables on schedule.
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers, superiors and customers
• Knowledge and understanding of Commercial energy audits and the direct install measures
• Ability to influence customers to move toward additional utility and non-utility programs to gain additional savings.
• Working knowledge of Building performance Institute's Analyst techniques, LEED building science, weatherization, HVAC and/or related subject matter / disciplines.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the work.
Formed in 2009, one of the nation’s fastest growing energy program services company is actively pursuing dynamic professionals who desire to make a positive impact in the communities in which we serve. Focusing on delivering cost-effective, we are looking for dynamic professionals who want make a positive impact on the communities in which we serve.
Servicing both residential and commercial customers, this award-winning organization focuses on delivering programs that help utilities, municipalities and end users make more cost–effective, environmentally sound energy choices.