Job Title: Restoration Technician
Supervisor: Structural Drying Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Mitigate property when excess water instruction occurs at both commercial and residential job sites.
· Review and evaluate daily work orders.
· Begin, monitor and close mitigation projects
· Communicate work progress with property owners and project team
· Operate mitigation equipment including truck mount and drying equipment
· Sketch and moisture map projects
· Document progress at job sites using photos and daily update sheets, complete reports as necessary
· Clean carpet and upholstery, contents and structural cleaning, and manipulation
· Perform mold removal
· Demo damaged property using hand tools
· Debris clean up
· Power washing
· Installation of insulation, belly boards, drywall, etc. per specifications of job
· Landscaping duties including stump removal
· Install roof tarps as needed
· Animal waste cleanup
· Trauma cleanup
· Clean truck inside and out and other equipment used on job site as well as general maintenance or equipment
· Material pick up and delivery
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· No experience required but prior restoration experience preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak professionally to customers and employees of the organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses Required
· Valid Driver License and/or ability to obtain Chauffeur License
· Department of Transportation medical card
· Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit on a frequent basis
· Ability to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a frequent basis
· Ability to talk and hear on a continuous basis and taste and smell on a frequent basis
· Ability to climb and balance on a frequent basis
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 100 lbs occasionally
· Must be comfortable working in confined spaces
· Must pass a DOT physical and Eye Exam
· Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
· Frequently requires work in wet, humid conditions, extreme heat and extreme cold
· Occasional work in high, precarious places
· Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and moving mechanical parts
· Moderate noise present both in warehouse and at job sites.
SunGlo has been in business for 30 years, we are a 24 hour emergency service company. When a homeowner or business owner has a water damage or fire damage, SunGlo does the work for the insurance company.