Senior – Tax, Accounting & Advisory
The Senior is responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects, including the completion of assignments and tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising and directing team members in meeting client and self-development expectations. The Senior ensures engagements meet all technical standards and are completed within the budgeted time. The Senior has the ability to apply new Tax and GAAP standards to engagements as well as find planning opportunities for Firm clients and cross sell firm’s services. The Senior should be developing to become an expert in Taxation as well as one or more of these industries: Medical/dental, Construction or Manufacturing. Additionally, the Senior has begun networking to develop a list of potential referral sources and is able to cross-selling the Firm’s services.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with or run client engagements including: reviews, compilations, business tax returns, individual tax returns and tax planning.
- Assist clients with month-end closings and preparation of financial reports.
- Analyze client data and help prepare key performance metrics reports.
- Help to maintain client relationships and find ways to add value.
- Analyze complex business problems and implement practical solutions.
- Develop and manage personal and career goals.
- Contribute to and support the development of the team and the Firm.
- Cross-sell firm services.
- This position is full-time salaried position. The position requires mostly day travel with some infrequent overnight travel.
- Promote the purpose, culture, core values and beliefs of the Firm.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in all technical areas and able add value to clients on a practical level.
- Able to analyze problems, design and implement practical solutions.
- Working to become an expert in taxation
- Working to become an expert in one of these industries: Medical/dental, Construction or Manufacturing.
- Proficient use of software
- Learning and refining project management skills – to plan, manage and deliver quality service on time and within budget.
- Developing good advisory skills – able to gain an understanding of client businesses and use this knowledge to help diagnose needs/opportunities and suggest solutions.
- Competent report writer – able to develop effective reports, expressing complex ideas easily in writing.
- Able to communicate a genuine interest in the client business and develop an understanding of their business and industry.
- Able to manage day-to-day client relationships and takes responsibility for quality client service.
- Has a strong business sense, keeps abreast of market trends and business developments and alerts clients to these.
- Understands performance expectations and manages own and others work to meet these expectations.
- Identifies and seeks opportunities to improve engagement profitability.
- Understands and can articulate the firm’s vision and strategies and their contribution to them.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how the firm can add value, sell and market to clients.
- Continually builds and nurtures an internal and external network and leverages effective relationships to sell services.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Accounting or tax
- Masters of Taxation is a plus
- 3-6 years in relevant position with a CPA Firm
- Experience with one or more of the following industries: Medical/Dental, Construction or Manufacturing
- Must be a CPA
- Must have maintained annual CPE requirements
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must complete Firm Non-Compete/Non Solicitation agreement.
- No placement agencies please.
Hare CPAs + Business Advisors (previously Rafalski Hare, PC) is a growing public accounting and consulting firm serving Entrepreneurs primarily in the construction, medical/dental and manufacturing industries. We have a clear vision: Empowering people to increase their prosperity and fulfillment. Our business model supports this purpose by offering high value solutions that will help our Clients, our Team and our other Stakeholders achieve financial and personal success. We attract clients that value the skills and knowledge of a great Firm and desire more involvement from us. We attract professionals that have an entrepreneurial bug, enjoy being close and connected with their clients and desire to be part of a group that will help them reach their own goals.
Location/Region: Auburn Hills, MI (US)