Under the general direction of the Administrative Lieutenant; manages plans, directs, and regulates compliance of the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) operations. The PSAP Supervisor shall assist in developing PSAP goals, policies, procedures, training and standards. Is responsible for assisting in short and long term planning, budgeting, overall organization and staffing of the PSAP. Oversees the PSAP training program, employee performance matters and recommends disciplinary remedies. Responsible for monitoring the regulatory environment for changes that affect the PSAP. Forecasts PSAP needs and assists in implement technology as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Public Safety or related field with five years’ experience in emergency communications in a supervisory /management capacity preferred.
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Two year minimum experience with CAD software, data communications, public safety radio and console equipment.
- National Academy EMD experience preferred.
- NENA Center Manager Certification or equivalent preferred.
Qualified applicants must complete an application and submit it by January 31, 2019. Position pays $56,950 - $78,540 depending on qualifications. We provide an exceptional benefit package including retirement benefits. Applications and the job description can be found at: http://wbtownship.org/how_do_i/apply_for/job/index.php.
About this company
West Bloomfield Township
Location/Region: West Bloomfield, MI (US)