Stant is hiring for a Product Engineer located in the Rochester Hills, MI. This role will own engineering, design, prototype, and validation of Activated Carbon Canisters.
Stant, founded in 1898, is a global leader in design, engineering and manufacturing of fuel systems, fuel caps, radiator caps and thermostats. Stant sells directly to the OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in the automotive and industrial markets with key customers that include Ford, General Motoes, Fiat Chrysler, Daimler, Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Plastic Omnium, Detroit Diesel, and Harley Davidson. Stant also participates in the aftermarket with key relationships with O’Reilly Auto Parts, Advance Auto, and many independent distributors. Stant has vending, engineering and manufacturing presence in the US, Mexico, China and Europe. Revenues in 2017 were $300M and employment topped 1500 associates. Stant is headquartered in Connersville, IN and has a growing satellite office in Rochester Hills, MI.
Product Engineer Key Functions:
- Lead the product engineering, design, prototype, and validation tasks from inception through to a successful launch according to Stant’s design control procedure for Activated Carbon Canisters.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional launch teams to ensure we provide the customer with robust designs and manufacturing processes within budget that exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Develop innovations that provide value to the customer and differentiate our product from the competition resulting in a competitive advantage for Stant.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline; Mechanical preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience directly related to the development of Activated Carbon Canisters.
- Candidate must be familiar and proficient with basic engineering processes and methods including drawing standards, test and validation protocols, leading design reviews and DFMEAs, engineering change and design control, BOM creation, requirements management, prototyping, supplier management, and customer interfacing.
- Capable of some advanced design principles and methods such as DOE, CAE to meet objectives
- Ability to identify appropriate analysis/testing to optimize design and mitigate risk
- Strong understanding of product manufacturing related to plastic injection molding, and plastic welding.
- Demonstrated ability to design mechanical automotive product suitable for high volume manufacturing.
- Experience working with automotive OEM’s
- Working knowledge if statistical methods used in engineering and manufacturing process design, testing and manufacturing scale up; 6 Sigma Black Belt a plus!
- International experience a plus!
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to utilize team concepts, along with solid organizational and problem solving
Stant continues to be a world leader in the design and manufacturing of:
-Fuel and cooling system components
-On-board vapor recovery components
-Engine and transmission cooling components
Stant has cultivated its market-leading position by capitalizing on its wide-ranging experience and capability to provide its customers with innovative solutions for challenging applications. Stant has earned multiple quality awards in the automotive, industrial, and aftermarket industries and is TS16949 AND ISO 14001 certified.
Stant has expanded its operational presence and developed a global customer support strategy to satisfy the expectations of its customer to deliver:
-100% on time delvivery
-Low cost solutions
Today, Stant has manufacturing facilities and Sales & Technical Centers in multiple countries on three continents, which enables Stant to meet its customers' needs with real global solutions.
Through close collaboration, Stant works with customers to ensure they achieve continuing conformance to rapidly changing regulations, innovative solutions for competitive advantage & products that meet difficult cost and timing targets.
Stant is an approved supplier for most automakers, including the following: General Motors. Ford. Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Inergy, Kautex, TI, Visteon, Delphi, Valeo, ABS, and SPI.
Location/Region: Rochester, MI (US)