SAP FICO Architect - Manager (CO Focused)
This nearly 2 billion dollar manufacturing company implemented SAP in 2010. In 2016, they transitioned to 6.0 and the application is not completely rolled out yet, they have roll outs left in Germany, Turkey and Russia and plan to have everyone on SAP by summer. They have a 4500-5000 person user base globally for SAP. Their strategy for M&A’s is mature (10+ small acquisitions a year on average) and they have a formal team of 5 for integrations that work closely with the SAP team. They have a global template and the goal is to get all companies up on ECC 6.0. They have the Architect/Leads in Pittsburgh COE, the B team in Poland and the C team in India. They have an FI, CO (looking), SD, PP, MM (looking), for a total of 15 (including 4 BASIS) along with 11 Security people. They will be recruiting for a Jr ABAP position soon as well as BI positions in the near future. In Poland they have 6 people and 15-20 in India. They have rolled out the COE in Pittsburgh, a COE in Poland and are in the process of rolling one out in India which will be completed first quarter of 2019. The Director is a “white-boarder” and loves collaboration and working closely with her teams and her team really “likes each other”. And at the end of the week, she will make sure they get out of the office if she has to run them out herself. The positions being hired for now are foundational to the organization and as the COE is built up, these will be the core members it is built with. The company culture is very family oriented. On snow days, the team works from home and flexibility is provided for situational issues that come up.
Projects : Rolling Out CATS, rolling out GRC, implementing specialty sales solution, implementing Project Systems fully (now only use it minimally) they will be implementing WM – they are know using WM “light”. They are building out the Service area solutions and have a bolt-on application built on top of SAP currently. It is a highly developed Service “cockpit” pulling up standard SAP transactions and providing more business functionality unique to their industry. They are implementing new work-flow tool with procurement and anyone with experience with tool that automate will be very helpful. HANA is coming in 2020 - Recently hired a BASIS Manager to prepare for HANA..
- Possessing knowledge of SAP Finance and Controlling with emphasis on; Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Product Costing, Cost Object Controlling, Profitability Analysis
- Collaborating with IT, Business and other cross-functional teams for design, development, integration, testing and deployment of SAP Solutions. Serve as the key business partner for Finance;
- Partnering with the PMO team, participate in project request assessments to maintain enterprise wide applications alignment;
- Assisting and participating in the design, implementation and support of key Finance & Controlling processes in SAP ERP environment;
- Assisting, participating, identifying and/or reviewing configuration activities within the SAP ERP FI/CO module including General Ledger, Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA), Profitability Analysis, Project System/Internal Orders and Asset Accounting;
- Understanding the current state SAP FICO solutions and providing the right strategy and solutions for the future; Participating in design workshops to identify and help resolve design issues and recommended process design changes within the IT FICO and related process communities;
- Demonstrating familiarity with full-life cycle (SDLC) development and formal change management methodologies;
- Possessing communication skills both verbal and written;
- Defining project scope and coordinate internal and external resources through execution
- Understanding business processes from customer perspective and accordingly conceptualize and formulate solutions;
- Working in a team environment, effectively interacting with others;
- Possessing experience in off/on shore model as well as working with Virtual teams;
- Developing business reporting solutions with SAP components (ABAP reports, BW, Business Objects);
- Demonstrating a results oriented and a “can-do” attitude - adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness;
- Liaising with integrating teams / technologies to enable cross-platform / cross-system functionalities; and,
- Collaborating with IT and business stakeholders to construct and manage product roadmap.
Knack & Tumbler Search has over 25 years of experience locating and attracting scarce technical talent for some of the worlds largest corporations. Our process and extensive proprietary database of contacts renders ideal matches for persons and positions. We are committed to spend time to get to know you, your needs, and expectations prior to conducting the search or introducing you to a potential new employer.
Location/Region: Detroit, MI (US)