Are you an innovator? An expert debugger? A programming guru? Does manufacturing prowess radiate from your soul? Can you play nice with both humans and machines? Here at Detroit Gun Works, we experiment, problem solve, engineer, and automate. We maximize quality and efficiency, minimize costs, and find solutions. We roll up our sleeves and cut metal.
If you’re an individual who wants to make an immediate and positive impact at their place of employment, then look no further. We are currently in need of someone who wants to help build and lead our CNC programming department.
DGW is the domestic machining subsidiary of Central Screw Products. CSP focuses on manufacturing components for the heavy duty truck industry. For the past ten years DGW has been re-building our commitment to domestic manufacturing as we focus on CNC milling and turning. Currently, we are expanding our capabilities to include high-mix, low volume CNC components manufacturing. Therefore, working well at a fast pace, in an ever changing environment is critical for this position.
Our entire shop is fully simulated on the production side. We are looking to extend that competency into the low-volume world and optimize our use of our CAD/CAM software programs (MasterCam and GibbsCam). We currently program with a mix of CAD/CAM and an in-house macro library where we have become experts at running difficult to machine materials for our defense customers. We are looking for a candidate with strong CAD/CAM skills to turbocharge our already fast paced growth.
So, do you have what it takes to lead our programming department?
Here’s what your days would be filled with:
- Projects and tasks related to:
- Writing, fixing, and editing programs for operations and fixtures using GibbsCAM, MasterCam, G-code, Solidworks, and Vericut
- Programming for 2-4 axis lathe and 3 axis mill to 5 axis mill (positioning)
- Providing tool lists, cycle times, and necessary documentation (standardizing when necessary)
- Updating speeds and feeds libraries based on feedback from production floor
- Teaching other employees how to do the things you do
- Developing the programming department from the ground up
Now, here's what we need from you:
- The dream of working daily in a hands-on manufacturing environment
- A massive commitment to the quality of the organization and the components we produce
- Advanced experience with MasterCam or GibbsCam
- The capability of producing multiple programs daily
- Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD software
- Several years of CNC experience
- The desire to work with turning and milling operations
- Lathe and Mill experience with Fanuc and Okuma controls
- The ability to lead a team and transfer knowledge and skills to others around you
- Willingness to teach and delegate tasks
- Strong communication methods to work with a variety of teams in our organization
- The ability to create process flows, standard operating procedures, and instructional documents
- New equipment and programs for you to use
- An open mind to new ideas and methodologies
- A team of all stars to work with (and we are fun to be around)
- Top notch machines such as Okuma lathes, Makino HMC’s, Fanuc robots, etc. that make your job exciting(!)
- Competitive pay
- A great benefits package
- Potential for bonuses
- Career advancement opportunities
You should also have:
- Experience in multi-axis programming
- The aspiration to follow our organization’s best practices and/or recipe
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A technological mindset
- Strong tooling knowledge
- A positive attitude
- The capability to think on your feet, think outside the box, and learn new things ~quickly~
- The type of personality that can roll with the punches when things change and get tricky
- Motivation and drive to take on difficult challenges and come up with creative solutions
- A patient, level-headed, and cool-under-pressure demeanor
- Great time management
- A sense of reliability
We hope you have:
- A background in machining or programming
- An outstanding work ethic
- 5+ years directly related experience
- A degree in engineering or a related field, although this is not required
We NEED you to have:
- A CLEAN background check
- A CLEAN drug screen
Why employees enjoy working at DGW:
- Work-Life Balance
- Company Camaraderie
- Cool People
- Free Snacks
- Weekly Company Lunches
- Flexible Hours
How to Apply: Get creative! We love people who can thrive in any situation they're thrown into. Please submit your resume and a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What is your educational background and work experience?
- Why did you decide to apply for this role? What in our job ad piqued your interest?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company?
- What is your desired salary?
- What is a special talent that you have?
- Is the correct name for a carbonated beverage pop or soda?
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would the slogan be and why?
Phone calls and drop ins will not be accepted as a form of submission.
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
At Detroit Gun Works, we focus on innovation, precision, and manufacturing prowess. We experiment, problem solve, engineer, and automate. We maximize quality and efficiency, minimize costs, and find solutions. We leverage the latest in robotics and automation technology to achieve one of the machining industry’s most efficient engineering to production ratios. The result is mastery and control of the manufacturing process, maximum customer value, and unparalleled quality.
We invest in our employees because we know they’re investing their time and talents into us. We offer a place for individuals to follow their passion and sharpen their skills. Join us today!