Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for an Application Engineer for our Plymouth, MI location.
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.
- Work with Development teams Globally by supporting test & evaluation of technical issues locally in the US.
- Review customer testing facilities and procedures to bring alignment with JE processes and procedures and correlate qualification testing.
- Work with assigned global development teams in proofing new designs.
- Analyze and test failed field returns for design or process improvements.
- Interface with customer technical communities to quickly assess and correct issues.
- Business system support and improvement.
- Act as is primary technical contact for customers
- Design & Development of teams interface:
- Customer specification review and clarification as needed for new product opportunities.
- Customer specification review and assessment for existing product opportunities leading to use as is or use with minor adjustments (Same As Except)
- Review and confirm Design team's outputs do address customer requirements prior to releasing documentation or samples to customers.
- Review customer specifications for completeness and accuracy. Identify gaps and initiate application evaluation and testing to complete LOR suitable for JE development teams to provide a successful solution for the customer.
- Issue work orders for model shop/sample room builds of customer samples and customer specfic development projects.
- Work as an integral part of the design and development teams by participating in internal team meetings.
- Support the teams by procuring application and bench mark samples as requested.
- Eligible to work in the United States for any employer without need for sponsorship
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ Years working as Application/Mechanical Engineer
- Understanding of Kinematics of Mechanisms
- Power Train Engineering experience
- Mechanical design experience
- Understanding of Engine fundamental operational principles
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.