Welder/Fabricator - skilled trades / artisan - job employment
Performs complex and precision welding techniques in the design, fabrication and welding of armor and non-armor materials.
The Welder/Fabricators are called upon to lift and carry heavy objects, and work under conditions of restricted movement, air contamination, intense noise and hazardous materials.
Examples of Duties:
• Designs, fabricates, joins and/or repairs armor and non-armor metals, using various methods including oxygen-acetylene, SMAW, GMAW and GTAW welding techniques.
• Welds and plasma cuts in controlled atmospheres.
• Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders, positioners and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools. May also perform minor operations on metal lathes and milling machines.
• Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of welding assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of applicable codes i.e. AWS D1.1 Structural.
• Knowledge of welding techniques (oxygen-acetylene, SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, controlled atmosphere, and plasma cutting), tools and equipment.
• Skilled in the fabrication, joining and repair of a variety of metal objects, equipment, fixtures and structures.
• Ability to follow verbal or simple written instructions and procedures
• Some previous skilled work experience
• Operates hand tools
• Works well with a team
• Typically has 1-2 years of related experience
• Basic welding skills required
• Follows all safety rules and practices.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
A specialty vehicle builder that has been in business for 25 years but acts like a start-up. Rapid growth, employee engagement, exciting projects.
Join a great team of motivated, fast-paced and committed employees.