Looking to start a career in sales with a growing company? This is a perfect opportunity to set yourself up for success! Etna Supply is looking for eager to learn candidates who have a drive for sales! This program helps our Sales Trainee learn the business along with our products to provide the best customer service to our clients!
401K with Company Match
PTO and Awesome benefits!
Train in various departments, gain product knowledge, and learn company culture to become an effective Outside Salesperson, Branch CEO, or other Operations position in the company. The Sales/Management Training program is an entry-level, hands-on training program. How quickly one moves through the program is determined by performance and available opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Shipping-RF order picking. Prevent shipping errors through verifying one's own work.
- Shipping-Pick, pack and stage orders and transfers. Accurately label and fill out required documents. Work to understand the system processes that take place post picking/packing.
- Receiving-Inspect and verify all incoming material for accuracy. Sign, date and make note of any discrepancies on vendor and/or carrier paperwork.
- Receiving-Prevent stocking errors and inventory discrepancies through use of RF scanning and put away procedures. Follow receiving SOPs.
- Returns-Inspect and sort customer returns. Clean, re-barcode label, repackage as needed for resale. Frequently inquires as to the products used in the industry.
- Returns-Type and invoice customer credits and Etna credit Pos following company SOPs. Maintain/image attach accurate records.
- Assist in the upkeep and general housekeeping of warehouse/yard.
- Assist shipping/receiving departments as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
- None during training period.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set a positive example.
- Maintain a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Have a valid driver’s license and insurance company acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to successfully achieve Hi-Lo operator’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write reports and communicate data through correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, including using a calculator.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of Eclipse is a plus.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Ability and willingness to relocate at the end of the training program.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or
- One to two years of related experience and training; or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive hi-lo.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; use arms, hands, and fingers; handle, grasp, and reach.
- Regularly required to sit; climb, bend, and stoop; push, pull, carry; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed in various environments, including warehouse, office, and outdoors, as move through the program.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.
From Detroit's Comerica Park to a Traverse City cottage, the University of Notre Dame campus to Rockford Middle School, 14 miles of sewer line in Northeast Michigan, or the melting sidewalks of downtown Holland, ETNA Supply was there! Along with our Fire Protection and Municipal Services divisions ETNA Supply has become a key component in meeting the needs of contractor's, engineers, architects and homeowners since 1965.