As the Housekeeping Manager with American Cruise Lines, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our ship’s cleanliness, maintaining brand standards, and exceeding guest expectations in the staterooms as well as the public areas. Other responsibilities include training and coaching the housekeeping team, room inspections, as well as handling any customer service requests. This is a guest facing position, in which you will be continually interacting with guests during their cruise. This position is a great way to build on a foundation in hospitality with option to grow within the management team onboard. We want exceptional Housekeeper Managers with an eye for detail in our passenger cabins as well as the beautiful public areas throughout our ships.
Being a manager on board a cruise ship is an adventurous career choice. Every day you will visit a different city and view a new landscape. In addition, all on board living expenses are covered, so you will be able to enjoy the journey while saving and earning competitive pay. With brand new ships launching this year, we would love for you to join our growing team today!
- Establish and monitor cleanliness standards of performance for all housekeepers
- Coach and mentor housekeeping staff
- Regularly clean, organize, sanitize, and maintain all areas of the ship
- Maintain a genuine concern for our guests by supporting their experience and satisfaction
- Inventory supplies and place orders in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate with all staff on board
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or Business field (preferred but not required)
- Must have past hotel experience
- Team player who sets a positive example for others
- Excellent guest service skills with the capability to handle guest concerns
- Ability to empower team to provide excellent customer service
- Willingness to work long days, every day, for extended periods of time
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel
- American citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- US Coast Guard regulated pre-employment drug test
- Benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401k
- Paid travel
- No living expenses aboard the ship (room and board are included)
- Training programs to support you
- Continuous growth in the company
About Our Company: American Cruise Lines operates the newest and largest fleet of cruise ships in the United States. We offer a number of shipboard positions which provide the opportunity to cruise the most captivating destinations in the country including the East Coast, Mississippi River, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. Take advantage of this opportunity to join a thriving company with over 30 years of experience. Create lasting memories on board, while exploring the beauty of America’s waterways.
American Cruise Lines is the largest U.S. cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships around the country. Our people make the difference. We recognize that our employees have made, and will keep us America's leading river cruise specialist.
Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive. Long established and deeply experienced in cruise travel, American Cruise Lines has been honored with multiple awards.
Location/Region: Detroit, MI (US)