Location: Kingman, Arizona
LINES OF AUTHORITY: This position is supervised by the Director of Operations. The position will provide oversight and supervision of Human Resource Assistants.
POSITION SUMMARY: The function of this position is to serve as a lead person in the delivery of human resource services with specific responsibility for providing information to other Human Resource (HR) staff and Mohave Mental Health Inc. (MMHC) employees regarding policies and regulations; addressing a variety of issues and/or providing general support; overseeing the maintenance of records, files and databases of personnel actions, evaluations, licensure, and tenure; working with the State entity on licensure issues; and assisting the Director of Operations in ensuring that personnel functions conform to all applicable regulatory requirements. The HR Senior Specialist is responsible for performing in-depth human resources duties under minimal supervision and the direct oversight and supervision of other HR personnel.
- Interprets, coordinates and communicates human resource (HR) work procedures and company policies to HR Assistants, clinical and medical staff, and supervisors including Executive Council.
- Assists in scheduling a variety of meetings and employee events (e.g. New hire processing, New Employee Orientation, Job Fairs, applicant interviews, facilities use, etc.) for the purpose of meeting the needs of the agency.
- Communicates with other employees, departments, administrators, applicants and the public for the purpose of providing information and assistance concerning employment, recruitment, transfers, personnel records, paid time off, licenses, and related legal requirements.
- Conducts, along with other HR Specialists, the new employee orientation (e.g. introducing personnel, payroll, employment benefits, policies, assisting with enrollment forms, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring employees are knowledgeable of current practices and administrative processes as well as completion of required benefits forms.
- Coordinates the employment processes (e.g. processing applications, analyzing transcripts, assisting employees with licenses and endorsements, etc.) for the purpose of meeting MMHC staffing requirements while complying with established guidelines, ensuring other HR Specialists in work unit are doing same.
- Coordinates the activities of other HR specialists for the purpose of ensuring all appropriate deadlines are met effectively and efficiently.
- Develops a wide variety of written materials (e.g. letters, forms, procedures, brochures, pamphlets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Ensures effective and appropriate policies and procedures are followed (e.g. processing of personnel actions, including new hires, transfers, promotions, termination, and completion of reports) for the purpose of being timely, accurate, legal and meeting organizational objectives.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training sessions and programs for the purpose of determining whether changes need to be made to ensure appropriate skills development.
- Interprets a variety of written materials (e.g. transcripts, references, employment records, employment regulations, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitors a wide variety of personnel policies and programs regarding employees (e.g. advertising positions, processing applications, placement, transfer, separation, verifying employment, orientation, , FMLA, etc.) for the purpose of conforming to MMHC policies, relevant laws, contracts and agreements. Informs supervisor of non-compliance.
- Monitors and complies with personnel record keeping procedures (e.g. maintaining personnel files (applications, reference checks, transcripts) recruiting, hiring, placing and paying personnel etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Participates in meetings that involve a range of issues (e.g. personnel actions, regulatory requirements, actions involving outside agencies, inter-department needs, etc.) for the purpose of developing recommendations and/or supporting other staff.
- Provides support and direction to HR Assistants with respect to ongoing tasks, special projects, and performance of job duties, with consultation as needed with the Director of Operations.
- Researches information required to manage assignments including reviewing relevant policies and current practices for the purpose of ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and securing general information for planning and/or responding to requests from directors and various state and federal agencies.
- Responds to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel and/or identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a remediation plan.
- Supports the Director of Operations and Executive Council for the purpose of assisting in the performance of their work activities. Trains other HR Specialists (e.g. processes, procedures, protocols and policies) for the purpose of ensuring that best employment practices are followed.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic.
- The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Director of Operations, Chief Executive Officer
- Directors and other leadership staff
- MMHC and Pathways employees
- Other agencies/employers
- General public
- Interface with payroll department as indicated
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Human Resource or Business or related field
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid Arizona driver's license and proof of insurance
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Suite, HR/payroll and training software).
- 5 years of Human Resource administration.
- Planning and managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records
- Operating standard office equipment
- Utilizing pertinent software applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication; writing, verbal and listening skills
- Ability to work/make decisions independently
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Frequent reaching and occasional kneeling.
- Computer, telephone, multi-use business machine, 10-key calculator, shredder, keyboard, postage.
- Air conditioned and/or heated office setting.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc. (MMHC) was founded in May of 1968 as a private, not-for-profit corporation to seek, promote, assist and contribute to the improved mental health of the individuals, families, and communities in Mohave County. The agency operates outpatient clinics in Kingman, Bullhead City, and Lake Havasu City, with two group homes and a Level I Subacute Facility in Kingman as well.
The agency has evolved over the years in its scope of service delivery. Individuals eligible for Title XIX/XXI covered services are served under subcontract with Health Choice Integrated Care (HCIC) and Arizona Division of Health Services (ADHS) and are funded by AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System). Services are targeted to provide and promote self-growth through individualized, goal-directed, client-centered treatment with competent and responsive clinicians in a caring continuum of services.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc’s mission is to improve, enhance and promote the emotional well-being of Mohave County residents who experience life-disrupting problems and to strengthen the quality of personal, family and community life.
Location/Region: Detroit, MI