Pilkington is a leading manufacturer and distributor of automotive and flat glass. Currently, our Automotive Glass Replacement division seeks a customer-oriented Team Lead based out of our Royal Oak service center. The core hours are anticipated to be Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. May occasionally need to fill in on other routes to cover for vacations, etc.
The Team Lead position reports directly to the facility Supervisor and accountabilities include:
- Coordinating delivery routes
- Using a computer to locate glass parts in the warehouse to ensure inventory precision
- Promoting teamwork among the employees
- Ensuring compliance with all safety policies and procedures,
- Providing excellent customer service.
Qualified candidates will have:
- valid driver’s license
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent driving record
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills (verbal and written);
- 2 years recent experience in a leadership role
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills;
- Ability to lift 35-45 pounds on a frequent basis and on occasion up to 70 pounds
- Ability to operate a forklift, order picker and basic hand tools; Able to work at heights
- Basic Personal Computer skills
- Ability to understand, utilize and train others on computer based inventory control systems
- Proficiency in the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to direct activities within the facility
- Ability to work in temperatures similar to outdoors within the area of the assigned service center.
- Previous driving, material handling, and glass experience is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) – Strongly Preferred
We do pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen on all candidates.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply. We offer a comprehensive package of competitive wages and benefits, including health/dental/life insurance, a matched 401K retirement saving plan, educational assistance a clean/drug-free work environment, and much more.
Pilkington Automotive Glass Replacement (AGR) provides OEM quality glass products to auto glass replacement professionals throughout the United States, with markets extending into Canada and Mexico.
To meet the custom and critical needs of a variety of customers, AGR stocks glass products for over 2000 makes and models of vehicles on the road today. All products meet or exceed Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
The glass is supplied to over 100 company-owned service centers and 200 truckload customers from its distribution centers located in Columbus, Ohio and Phoenix, Arizona.
Pilkington is committed to providing superior service and support to the auto glass replacement professionals while continuously seeking to improve and expand upon existing products and services to meet diverse and changing customer needs.
Location/Region: Royal Oak, MI