Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic radiological exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment.
Verifies patient identity and reviews patient's medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure.
Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators.
Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up.
Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script.
Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist.
Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate.
Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients.
Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction.
Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees.
GENERAL DUTIES: 1. Maintains licensure/certification/registration in both modality and subspecialty as applicable as well as health care provider BLS.
2. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and Code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities.
3. Complies with approved policies, procedures, guidelines and standards as established by the DMC and its associated facilities.
4. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
5. Completes mandatory education and training as defined by the DMC and the specific employer-facility.
6. Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with established policies and procedures and timely reporting of safety variances.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: 1.Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
2. Adheres to department exam protocols.
3.Ensures STAT requests are relayed to the radiologist in a timely manner.
4.Uses universal precautions at all times.
5. Attends staff meetings/reviews e-mails daily for updates communication.
6.Maintains competency in all assigned areas including fluoroscopic, general diagnostic, orthopedic, and operating room procedures.
Must also maintain competency in IV starts where directed by the department.
[BRASSRING IMPORT 11/7/16] Qualifications:
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiography (R)
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider () training by end of orientation period.
Job: RAD TECH Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: PT1 Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant s or employee s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.