Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs the duties of a Medical Assistant and Patient Services Assistant for assigned area.
Greets visitors, registers patients, contacts various insurance providers and schedules patients according to established guidelines.
Assist physician or physician extender with patient examination by preparing exam room, taking vital signs, assisting during exam, etc.
1. Greets visitors, answers telephones and directs calls and visitors to appropriate place or person.
2. Registers patients for outpatient services.
Obtains necessary demographic, insurance and related data according to policies and procedures.
3. Contacts various insurance providers to determine benefit levels and patient co-pays, as needed.
Collected and posts payments and prepares daily deposits for monies received.
4. Pulls and prepares patient charts prior to appointment.
Files notes, prescriptions, face sheets and other documentation in medical record.
Copies and releases medical record information, as needed.
5. Assists physician with patient examinations by preparing exam room, helping to move or position patients for procedures, handling instruments, etc.
6. Takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure and weight.
Documents patients reason for visit and vital signs in patients chart.
7. May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving non-intravenous injections, venipuncture, performing EKGs, assisting with stress tests, routine x-rays, PFTs, and other related activities.
8. Obtains referrals and schedules patients appointments or procedures according to guidelines.
9. Enters, reviews, researches and corrects computerized records of patient billing information.
Provides billing company with companies of all payments and rejections.
10. Performs various other support duties such as preparing laboratory slips or statistical data, typing various correspondence, training new personnel, etc.
11. Follows established policies and procedures to meet minimum like safety standards of JCAHO/OSHA.
Actively participates in all safety training including but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and annual safety training.
[BRASSRING IMPORT 10/19/16] Qualifications:
1. High school diploma and completion of an approved Medical Assistant training program.
2. One to two years previous medical office and clerical experience.
[BRASSRING IMPORT 10/19/16] Job: Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical Asst
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: PT1 Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: Start and end time varies 730-5 or 6p possibly some 1/2 days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant s or employee s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.