To assist all physicians and patients with needed activities related to patient care on daily basis.
- Greets patients upon arrival and assures patient charts are located in proper place.
- Verifies patient's demographic information.
- Schedules appointments for patients.
- Prepares and maintains medical records.
- Answers multi-line telephone lines.
- Review physician's schedules daily.
- Opens the patient care areas of the building at designated time each day, ensures the readiness of the back office areas.
- Ensures front desk activities are fully operational at the start of the business day.
- Collects and posts charges and payments according to protocols.
- Prepares and balance daily financial registers, and submits all forms to the onsite biller.
- Oversee and ensures efficient turnover of exam rooms.
- Escorts patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
- Entry, follow up, obtaining or executing physician orders within medical record/EMR
- Assist Physicians with clinical duties.
- Monitor supply levels, and replace as needed.
- Carry out check out procedures for patients.
- Emergency management - access patient's vitals,determine physician need, monitor patient's pre and post procedure; notice signs and symptoms of reaction to medication.
- Any another requested task.
- Excellent Customer Service
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Medical Assistant Training; preferred certification
- BLS/CPR certificate required
- CPOE certification required
- One year experience in a medical office with an additional one year experience performing in MA role.
- Understanding of ICD-9, CPT and medical terminology
- Preferred experience with physician office EMR
Largest independent, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation practice in Michigan. Celebrating 50th year in 2017. 30+ providers.
Location/Region: Livonia, MI