The Nurse Practitioner works within the scope of the medical protocols established by CareSpot|MedPost Urgent Care and provides prompt, comprehensive and competent medical care. Works collaboratively with a healthcare team to provide acute health care to patients.
Essential Duties in this role include:
- Provide exemplary customer service to patients, visitors and coworkers.
- Provide convenient, friendly patient care to all who come through our door seeking health related services.
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance during emergencies while maintaining a comforting and reassuring affect for patients.
- Working environment subject to varying fast paced and high stress conditions, including long and variable hours, changing locations, and continuous and frequent contact with others.
- Performs medical assessment of Center patients.
- Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Oversees, directs and supports on site laboratory, x-rays, injections, and collections for direct access services.
- Maintains clinical core competency.
- Works with Center Manager and other staff to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards.
- Cooperates and participates in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice, quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in and assists with in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by or associated with CareSpot.
- Recommends potential means of growth and development for new and/or existing services within the Center; reviews statistical reports relative to Center operations.
- Assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of education programs for staff.
- Represents CareSpot and Center as reasonably required at internal and external meetings or events.
- Provides guidance to other medical staff (e.g. physician assistants, nurse practitioners and medical assistants) to ensure quality professional services and patient satisfaction.
- Acts with honestly and integrity in all business transactions, including, but not limited to, employment applications/resumes, patient records, time records, and financial transactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mental capacity to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand emergency and Company procedures, rules and regulations
- Ability to comprehend and keep abreast of information pertinent to the job such as special promotions and new procedures
- Successful completion of initial and recurrent training programs
- Awareness of hazardous situations and ability to provide a leadership role in emergencies as needed
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with the public on a constant basis under stressful conditions
As one of the largest operators of urgent care centers, we offer treatment for a variety of services that include wellness testing and occupational health in addition to urgent care. Our one-stop approach to service, value and convenience takes healthcare to a new level, with most locations offering:
Extended night and weekend hours
Express walk-in options, such as the ability to save your spot online or by phone
Online appointment scheduling
In-house lab testing and X-rays
Although CareSpot and MedPost are growing quickly, we retain our strong community focus and commitment to offering our customers the individual care they deserve.
Commitment to Diversity
CareSpot and MedPost are equal opportunity employers. Respect for the dignity and worth of each individual is a basic tenet for both CareSpot and MedPost, and we are committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We recognize and value the unique contributions of all individuals regardless of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical handicap, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other non-job related factors. All phases of employment practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and terminations are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity, CareSpot and MedPost maintain a strict policy prohibiting any form of harassment, including sexual harassment. A 24-hour compliance hotline is always available for employees to anonymously report concerns of any kind without fear of retaliation or discrimination.
CareSpot and MedPost believe in caring for employees as well as customers. As part of an employee’s total compensation package, a comprehensive and benefits program is available.
CareSpot and MedPost benefits packages compare well to industry and marketplace standards. A range of benefit choices is available to fit you and your family's needs at various stages of life.
Location/Region: Detroit, MI (US)