Mecho is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the Energy Conservation and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of Mecho, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes, U.K.).
The Estimator III is responsible for processing proposals, recording retention, addressing customer concerns and questions, and working to meet or beat formalized goals and objectives.
* Processing and delivering professionally written proposals and documentation packages.
* Working with senior Estimators to establish a winning proposal strategy for high level or high value projects.
* Identifying opportunities to improve profitability and processes.
Education and Experience
* 5 years of related experience in a high volume, math intensive position.
* Associates Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Accounting, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work effectively; deadline oriented.
* Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products with a focus on Excel.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate and interact with external and internal customers.
* Understand the importance of quality, accuracy, aesthetics and delivery schedule.
* Advanced Excel experience required.
* Strong Math skills required.
* Must be energetic and deadline oriented.
* Familiar with RFQ (Request for Quote) and RFP (Request for Proposal) processes and construction specifications a plus.
* Familiar with mechanical and/or electrical architectural products a plus.
* Sales support experience a plus.
Springs Window Fashions has been part of the home décor industry since 1939. Today, our products are available in nearly every major retailer and in thousands of design showrooms. We’re proud of our long history of innovation, and we’re proud of what we offer today. From the warmth of wood blinds to the smooth glide of roller shades to the fashionable swish of drapes, our wide array of products gives every person the opportunity to design the perfect look for their home. But our goal is not just to decorate homes; we aim to provide every person who touches our brands with The Best Experience.
The engineer who designs a product, the worker who makes it, the dealer or retailer who sells it, the person who adds it to their home—we treat each person with the same respect and care and constantly strive to earn their trust and loyalty. Our Brands include: Bali - Blinds, shades, and drapery provide inspiration for homeowners to express their personal style, offering a full array of beautiful, quality window treatments for their homes. Graber - Blinds, shades, and drapery are sold by experienced, professional dealers and decorators who assist customers in selecting, ordering, and installing the perfect window treatments. MechoSystems - Commercial solar shade innovations, engineered to excellence over the last half century, provide advanced solar protection for companies all over the world. Visit our website to learn about our other brands, our company history and unique culture and focus on The Best Experience.